Bayview Dental Centre

Inlays and Onlays

Dental Services

Inlays and Onlays in Richmond

If you have a decayed or damaged tooth, your dentist may recommend treating it with an inlay or onlay. Inlays and onlays are different from a dental filling; a dental filling is made from soft composite material that is hardened in the mouth, while inlays and onlays are fabricated in the dental lab.

What Is the Difference Between an Inlay and an Onlay?

While inlays and onlays are both created in the dental lab, their uses are quite different. Inlays are used to fill the area between two cusps of the teeth, while an onlay is used to repair one or more of the cusps as well.

Do I Need an Inlay or a Filling?

The decision to treat a damaged tooth with an inlay or filling is largely dependent on the extent of the damage to the tooth. While fillings are ideal for smaller cavities, inlays are used when the damage to the tooth is greater.

Contact Us

Request Appointment

"*" indicates required fields

Are you an Existing patient?
What can we help you with?
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

New Patients Welcome

Book Your Dental Appointment Today